我常会和人开玩笑说我造了一架纸飞机
I like to joke with people that I have made a paper airplane.
说到纸飞机 你大概会想到这个
When you think of a paper airplane, you probably think of something like this.
但对这位设计师来说 纸飞机是完全不同的东西
But for one designer, a paper airplane is something completely different
而且要精细得多
and a lot more detailed.
当然有些人觉得我肯定疯了
And of course there are people, I am sure, think I am totally crazy
当我给他们看照片时
and when I actually show them photos,
他们都十分震惊
they often are pretty shocked,
觉得我不是一般的疯
and they probably think I’m crazy in a different way.
嗯 这其实完全能够理解
which you know might be valid.
过去近十年期间
For nearly a decade, on and off again,
卢卡·亚科尼-斯图亚特断断续续地用心设计和制作
Luca Iaconi-Stewart has been painstakingly designing and building
这架波音777的1/60模型
this 1/60 scale model of a Boeing 777.
这个项目很难用言语解释
It’s a project that’s really hard to explain in words,
所以我尽量避免解释
and so I often avoid doing that.
我会直接用照片
I just kind of skip to pictures
因为只有这样才能传达那种精细感
because that’s really the only way you can convey this sense of detail,
还有整个项目的疯狂感
and just the kind of insanity of it all.
连我自己也很惊讶
It even blows my own mind.
这个工程的大部分 我都不知道是怎么完成的
I don’t really know how I’ve done a lot of it.
这不是从店里买来的模型
This is no off-the-shelf model.
他只用最基本的工具与材料
He uses a bare minimum of tools and materials.
比如牛皮纸夹 胶水 美术刀 直尺
It’s you know manila folder, glue, X-Acto blades, straight edges.
我用的都是些很简单的材料
It’s a pretty simple set of materials that I use.
我会用这些材料 制作各种各样的东西
And it’s all about using those to make all different kinds of things.
那就是其中的挑战与乐趣所在
And that’s kind of the challenge and the fun in it.
我在做这个项目时曾割伤过自己
I have cut myself doing this project,
有一次还把指尖给切掉了
definitely sliced the very tip of my finger off,
还好只是皮肤
just the skin.
它是从一项学校作业开始的
It all began as a school assignment.
开始时细节没那么多
It started on a much small scale in terms of the detail.
一些原来的部分还保留着
There are still parts of it that are original,
但慢慢地我做得越来越复杂
but I increased the complexity over time.
我发现我做得越来越好 所以想增加一些细节
I just found my skills increasing and so I wanted to add more detail.
我反反复复拆解了几次 为了加入更多细节
And I’ve torn it apart many times to add more stuff
让它变得更精确
to make it more accurate.
它非常精细 头等舱上方甚至还有纸缕做成的台灯
So detailed, that there are tiny lamps made of strands of paper above the first-class seats,
活动的襟翼 引擎部件
and moving wing flaps, engine parts,
能收回的降落架
and landing gear that actually retract.
两边都有降落架 我把它安装在这个小型测试夹具上
Created both sides here and I mounted them in this little test jig
把与之连接的主要架构复制出来
that replicates the main structure of the elements that they are connected to.
所以 机舱会是向前这个方向
So, this would be like the cabin floor would be this way,
机翼则会是这个方向
and the wings would be kind of this way.
轮子还能转舵的
They have all the kind of steering functions,
所有零件都能操作 真的挺令人惊讶的
so it was actually kind of shocked that it all worked out,
因为规模是那么的小
given how small the scale is.
对 这全都是纸做的
Yeah, this is completely made out of paper.
轮胎都是完全实心的
The tires are completely solid core inside
所以能承受一定的重量
so they can actually support a fair amount of weight.
这是前起落架 它结构要简单些
This is the nose landing gear which is a lot less complex,
但它在当时也让我惊叹不已
but even at the time that was another piece that was kind of
就像“哇 这简直难以置信”
like “wow, you know I can’t believe this”.
这个也能正常操作 可以这样收回
This has worked out as well, so it just kind of retract like that.
这是个非常简单的结构
It’s a pretty simple concept,
但用纸把它做出来也是蛮有挑战性的
but getting it into work in paper can be a challenge.
我使用了两种牛皮纸
There are two types of manila folder I use.
有一种比较薄
There’s a thinner kind
就是你在外面看到的那种普通牛皮纸夹
that’s like the regular folder you might encounter in the wild,
然后还有厚一点的那种
and then there’s a thicker kind.
那种拿来当作分隔物
And there is more of a divider
是用在机翼等结构元素
though I use those for structural elements like in the wings
因为这些部位需要承重
that need to be much more kind of load-bearing,
制作这些部件会花费几周甚至几个月
Making these parts can take weeks or even months,
卢卡会先设计这些部件 把它打印出来 用手工切下
Luca designs the pieces, prints them, cuts them out by hand,
然后用心地把它们粘起来
and then painstakingly glues them together.
要想把这些东西组装起来
There is a fair amount of concentration that
的确需要一定的专注力
that I have to have when I’m putting this stuff together,
但只要找到了窍门 我就知道该怎么做了
but once I kind of get the hang of it I know what I’m doing.
这是一个很独特的项目
This is very much a unique project
我得研究一切 把自己的计划都放下
in that I’ve had to research everything and drop my own plans
我想 很多人并没意识到这一点
and that’s what I think a lot of people don’t realize.
以为我在用现成模型 这点我可以理解
They think I’m either working off a kit which is understandable
但情况真不是这样的
but that’s really not the case and
计划都是我自己想出来的
I’ve had to come up with all of my own plans.
当然 就算有了现成模型
And obviously even if you had a kit
也不会适用于这种材料
it wouldn’t really translate or lend itself to this type of material.
如果用现成模型 我也要用纸做出来
You know I have to translate what they make into something that I can build
还要确保它能够操作
and that will work in paper
这与现成模型有巨大差异
and there’s a huge difference in how
我的模型外表也许一样
you know something will look the same on my model,
但操作起来却完全不同
but the way it actually works is completely different
因为我必须考虑到纸的反应
because I’m taking into account how paper responds.
没有计划地制作
Not having plans means that
意味着上百小时的工作有可能最终报废
sometimes hundreds of hours of work end up scrapped.
因此 这个 我喜欢开玩笑地称这是空难
So, this, I like to jokingly call the plane-crash,
因为它就像是(空难现场)
because you know it’s like
这些部件都是我多年来拆出来的
so these are all sections that I’ve kind of ripped out over the years
你可以看出这是舱室的墙壁
you can see this is like the cabin side wall,
真的很像是空难的情景
kind of looks like again like what you might see in a plane-crash
机身只剩下碎片而已
just totally shredded parts of the fuselage
那么 为什么会有人愿意这样花时间
So, why would anyone spend this kind of time
在这样一个项目上呢?
on a project like this?
我做这个项目主要是因为
I’ve mainly done this project because
我非常享受这种沉着冷静 深思的感觉
I really enjoy the sense of calm and meditation,
当我真正沉浸在搭建过程时它会出现
that it brings when I really get into the building process.
最令人满意的是 当你看着图片 了解真正的飞机
The most satisfying thing is to look at pictures and know the actual plane
并且将其转化进你自己的计划中
and transform that into your own plans
看着它以纸张的形式组合起来时
and then see it actually come together in paper,
那可能是最大的奖励了
that’s probably the most rewarding feeling
完成的那一刻也是最令人兴奋的
and it’s kind of exhilarating when you get to the end
你真的能看见一个个零件都活了起来
and you really see a component coming to life,
这就是一种十分令人激动的成就感
it’s like a really exciting sense of achievement
同时也是驱动着我的动力
and so that’s kind of what keeps me going.
把机舱段拉开 就能看见机舱内部
Sections of the cabin actually open up to reveal the interior,
这是头等舱 商务舱
so that’s first and business class,
这是商务舱 经济舱
and this is business and economy.
我没能完全复制出所有细节
I haven’t been able to fully replicate all the detail
或者应该说 我不想这么做
or rather haven’t wanted to.
头顶行李架不能打开
The overhead bins don’t open,
座位也不能放倒
the seats don’t actually recline.
我想很多人以为座位可以放倒 可惜不是
I think people often think they do but they don’t, unfortunately.
媒体争相采访 卢卡的 YouTube 频道也大受欢迎
Thanks to some press and Luca’s popular YouTube channel,
让他因这架模型而去到了意想不到的地方
The plane model has taken him to some unexpected places,
他还真正去了波音的生产线
even to the actual Boeing assembly line.
因此我真的看到了他们的整个工厂
And so I actually got to see their whole production facility
也近距离接触到了这些飞机
and actually got really up close to these planes
实在令人兴奋
and that was an amazing experience.
他们的生产线是工程学的创举
Their assembly line is really a feat of engineering,
而且很明显规模超凡
obviously, it’s an sense of scales just otherworldly.
他也因此获得付费工作 参与制作这个广告
And it’s landed him paying work making this advertisement.
大约两年前 新加坡航空公司联系了我
About two years ago, I was contacted by Singapore Airlines,
我有幸和他们合作
and I was lucky enough to work on a project with them,
设计社交媒体广告活动
an ad campaign for social media,
让我有机会建造后面这架飞机
so I actually got to build this plane behind me,
这是他们的A380旗舰飞机
the A380 (which) was their flagship.
他花了数千个小时制作纸质飞机
And after thousands of hours of toiling over the paper version.
几年前 他终于乘坐了他的模型所复制的飞机
A few years ago, he finally flew on the jet his model replicates.
也就是波音777-300ER型飞机
A Boeing 777-300ER.
我很高兴终于可以乘坐这架飞机
I really was glad that I was finally able to
可惜花了那么长的时间
and it’s like kind of unfortunate that it took me so long,
不过 能够真正看到这架飞机 酷毙了
but it was…it was cool just to see the actual thing.
他花了很长时间望出窗外
All that time looking out the window,
让他准备好迎接最后一项挑战
got him ready for the last challenge.
是的 飞机还没长出机翼
so, yes, the plane does not yet have wings,
我现在正在设计当中
and I’m kind of in the midst of designing them,
我已经把它分成几段
and I’ve broken them down into sections,
慢慢地制作出每一段的子系统
and I’ve been slowly creating each different subsystem if you will,
到目前为止 机翼是很明显缺少的部分
but yeah it’s a notable omission thus far
这就是我最后要做的一件事
and that’s kind of the last it’s like the last thing I have to do,
需要多年的考验
which is in fact a multi-year ordeal.
我不知道我为什么对飞机那么感兴趣
I’m not sure why I’m so interested in airplanes,
我小时候受过熏陶
when I was little it was trained,
飞机很难不令人兴奋
I think it’s hard not to be amazed
这些大块的金属 现在还有塑料
by the fact that these huge pieces of metal and now plastic
竟然可以升上天空
can take off into the air
而且它们又那么先进 那么复杂
and that they’re so advanced and complex,
确切地证明了人类的创造力
the testament to human ingenuity.
[音乐]
[Music]

相关热播

  • 2021-08-24你需要看看这7款神奇自行车我们之前介绍了Paravelo飞行自行车We brought you the Paravelo flying bike. 和疯狂滑板自行车and the insane snowboard bike. 现在我们将介绍7种更疯狂的自行车Now we’re back with seven more crazy bikes 会让你觉得难以置信you just have to see to b..
  • 2021-08-24第一个手机是谁发明的?您正在收看的是冷流科技You are watching ColdFusion TV. 冷流科技[Music playing] 大家好 欢迎再次收看ColdFusion视频栏目Hi, welcome to another ColdFusion video. 回顾历史Looking through all of history 你能够发现手机you would see that the mobile..
  • 2021-08-24存储卡上的SD标志是什么意思?In today’s world of rapidly developing technology,在技术迅猛发展的今天 there are an ever-increasing number of technical standards and formats.文件格式和技术标准的种类增速空前 And every time a new format is created,每当一种新的格式问世时..
  • 2021-08-24键盘上那个滚屏锁定键键到底有什么用?CHM科技 油管视频 关注CHM Tech. YouTube. Subscribe. 在科技的演进中In the evolution of technology, 东西被淘汰是很自然的it’s only natural that things become obsolete. 科技在某个节点会渐渐退出大众视野In some point of their existence, tech..
  • 2021-08-24迪士尼到底有多大?你正在收看的是冷流科技You are watching ColdFusion TV 冷流科技[Music playing] 大家好 欢迎再次收看ColdFusion视频栏目Hi, welcome to another ColdFusion video 当提到华特迪士尼的时候你会想到什么呢?What comes to your mind when I say Walt Disney? 有些人可能会..
  • 2021-08-24电脑如何与人进行交谈?这个短视频是关于…… [音乐][music] [法语][SPEAKING IN FRENCH] [各种声音][VOICES SPEAKING] [笑声][LAUGHTER] [电脑的声音][COMPUTER NOISES] 与电脑进行交谈 杰弗里:我们来到这个世界GEOFFREY HINTON: Wecome into this world 天生就拥有学习with the innateabili..
  • 2021-08-24电梯提示音是在提醒谁?出于种种原因 我发现电梯很迷人For some reason or another, I find elevators to be pretty fascinating. 我尤其喜欢观光梯I’m partial to glass elevators 因为你能看到它是如何运转的because they give you a glimpse of their mechanisms, 例如轿厢上面的自..
  • 2021-08-24什么是DNS当你接上因特网When you’re connected to the internet 听音乐 玩线上游戏and you are listening to music, playing online games 或浏览网页的时候or browsing the web, 在这些场景的背后运行着许多标准协议there are many standard protocols running behi..
  • 2021-08-24航天服,各有不同-哎呦-你没事吧Oops.You okay? -嗯-好-Yeah.-Alright. -摔倒会怎样-呃 会很疼What happens if you fall over?Uh, it hurts. 我曾有幸目睹宇航员被发射进入轨道I’ve been lucky enough to watch people launch to orbit 但我只能站在英雄的身后but I have to stay..
  • 2021-08-24终极纸飞机我常会和人开玩笑说我造了一架纸飞机I like to joke with people that I have made a paper airplane. 说到纸飞机 你大概会想到这个When you think of a paper airplane, you probably think of something like this. 但对这位设计师来说 纸飞机是完全不同的东西But fo..
  • 2021-08-24进入太空?没那么简单哦不 有点紧张的Oh no! Oh, this is stressful. 哦 嘿 我在那 在虚拟外太空中翻滚Oh, hey! That’s me, tumbling through space. 由于工作的缘故 我接触过几名宇航员但却从未真的见过 他们是如何为任务而训练的Throughout my career, I’ve met a few astronauts, but I never r..
  • 2021-08-24国外火热的“地理藏宝”游戏欢迎收看《IAYTD》Welcome to I Am Your Target Demographic and 今天我们要介绍“地理藏宝”这个户外藏宝游戏today we’re exploring a hobby known as Geocaching, 在任何地方都可以that can be done literally anywhere. 它是一种新的旅行方式It can be a fun w..

我要评论

    评论加载中...

译学馆所有视频和图片来自互联网版权归原创者所有。

加载中...